MotorCompany Musing

The extended shifter and brake-lever are supposed to arrive by UPS, then the shifter-peg and brake-pedal – some assembly required after that.

Meanwhile thinking of making the Fat Boy a “Bag Boy” and wondering if there’s a way to make the rear cylinder exhaust on the left side (for a dual-pipe look) instead of the right side as current the configuration dictates:

…because reportedly – or from what I dimly gather – the pipes need to be below the rear axel in order to baggerize this beast. I don’t know if the frame configuration or combination of cross-pipes will allow it.

Prelude to Thursday

Rain and wind, and 40-degrees, but more is coming in and at low elevation – the field may be snow-white in a couple days…

Meanwhile the Doggie DNA results are in and she’s 90% Siberian Husky and a 10% Chow Chow mix from the grandparents/great-grandparents line. She sure likes to chew-up toys and spit-out the polyester stuffing!The garage is freezing cold so I’m not going out there to work on motorcycles, it’s bad enough just doing laundry, notwithstanding the regulatory debauchery of ridiculous limitations and excesses put upon me by California’s draconian “Air Resources Board” – but a set of some SK sockets (SAE) should be showing up one of these days… Maybe getting the garage insulated should be a future target.

Misty Morning Sunrise

Low mist among the trees, temperature is 42-degrees but, “feels like 39.” They call this “fog” but it’s not really thick enough in my estimation.

Meanwhile, been thinking of selling the Gentleman’s Express, and considering what performance doo-dads to bling-up the Fat-Boy. The acronym FLSTF always makes me think of Falstaff, and he was a husky guy…

Snow Forecast

29-degrees this morning and the water in the dog bowl froze-over – snow is in the forecast for this afternoon.

The bathroom floor is set. After further and continuous breakage of the ridiculously fragile travertine, we went to Plan-C: a ceramic wood-grain tile that reflects the rustic nature of this locale. At least and finall it’s getting done, and next up is the plumbing with shower glass and the double-sink vanity….should be done by Christmas!

And welcome to our newest family member, the dog.

November Morning

48-degrees and some scattered clouds but no rain or snow yet. Autumn has been very mild so far, thankfully because there is work for my guys to do, setting up the dog fencing with gates and posts. Which is what we must do since a few more travertine tiles are on order. Meanwhile we are getting ready to adopt our neighbor’s 7-year old white German Shepherd when the old man moves south…

The master-bath floor is dry-fitted but as this stuff is fragile until set down in thinset, a few broke. The curvature in the photo is a result of panoramic distortion, and the flooring was removed and laid-down in the next room in preparation for final install, which is when the breakage occurred. Maybe this all will be done by Christmas…

Blackout Times

The beefsteak tomato plant is still producing, but PG&E is not – ostensibly for our own good and because of “fire safety.” Yeh right. PG&E is a colossally inept and corrupt power company. Thank God we country bumpkins only get electricity from them and are not doubly tied at the gas-umbilical, like the poor bastards in suburbia

So the propane generator is running – but the bathroom renovation is stalled.

Part of the renovation slow-down, besides everyone being out of power and local business severely impacted, is because the travertine flooring was inadequate and failed. The “not-really-rock” was/appears to be a manufactured veneer product more appropriately used on walls and simply incapable of withstanding any weight.

Pieces were breaking-off when cut on the tile saw, and the material lacked signs of actually being cut from rock – like saw-cut marks on the back, of which there were none, and we noticed a latex or caulk smell. So my good friends are working it out. Hopefully by Thanksgiving or Christmas…