The sun was out and the chill has backed-off, so we went out to spread some tanbark around the lower oleanders now that they have been trimmed-back.
Once down there I realized the quasi-terrace needed a bit of rock-work to sustain said terrace.
Scooping around with a trowel I uncovered and discovered a heretofore buried drip-line valve with a clean-out, and further digging revealed a poured-concrete, rain-gutter water-diverter.
Always something new! I left the slab in place and worked on the rock-wall for a while, and then spread the bark. At another location the oleander had grown around the drip-line hose, and the rock-escarpment there also needed shoring-up, so I repaired that and fixed the dripper too.