The total-tilt bogosity meter is at redline: John Kerry: Protecting Oceans from Climate Change a ‘Vital Security Issue’, “one that requires addressing before he works to remedy the situation in Iraq.” – Remedy, really, srsly?? HIM??? HAHAHAHA! So, even beginning to protect Iraq (and soon, Afghanistan) from well-armed (in some cases by US) insanely murderous fanatics and self-documented be-headers is ah…uh…er…not as important a “Security Issue” as fleecing a captive semi-somnambulant population through increased pseudo-science fakery and energy-killing carbon-taxes that support his and Al Gore’s wealthy and Climate-Change Inducing carbon-rich lifestyle — one that others need to pay-for before he addresses real-world life-and-death issues. Assclown.
Took the F-150 into Folsom Costco for tires and while I was there had an interesting chat with an old emigre-escapee from the Ukraine. He was an orphan who had been held in various children’s camps including a rather famous one in Munich after the Germans and previously the Russkies, took various turns trying to destroy the Ukraine. Somehow he made it to the USA and hooked up with an aunt and Uncle who raised him in the coal-country of Pennsylvania, now is retired to Hangtown. He was not too happy about the current situation there on the edge of Europe, or that in Iraq either, things we agreed upon.
Since The Move I have not re-tuned my AM radio dial or even switched to it – just running the iPod music through the converter and mostly listening to Hawaiian stuff I can practically sing along with the lyrics. But today I did listen to the radio and was filled with an immense sadness at what’s been taking place, so I switched back to straight music. I am rather determined to be happy now rather than perpetually wound-up and angry – that just doesn’t work well for me. We have an Administration that celebrates losing, which is utterly unfathomable but it’s how Progressives do things. The problem with Progressives is they simply don’t care as long as they get the result they want – and they would rather lose just to prove a “point,” or use that as an opinion-basis/data-point just to confirm their worldview.
They don’t care how many died, or how many more will die. The waste and cost in human life is irrelevant to them. *spit* They are happy braking eggs to make a big shit-omelette that they want to serve-up to everyone because it makes themselves feel better. This reminds me of the fall of Vietnam which they celebrated gleefully. I hate them with a deep and abiding FOAD passion.
So anyhow, now I have some sweet Michelin 265-70-17’s at every corner and a reminder to rotate in 10k. The garden is fresh and the County Fair is here this weekend! Didja know young (19 yrs. old) John M. Studebaker made his pile here during the Gold Rush? He didn’t make it in the gold fields digging in the dirt, he made it building wheelbarrows and selling them to miners who DID dig in the dirt. In 1858 he returned to Indiana with $8,000 saved, and joined his brothers who were blacksmiths in the carriage-making trade and a start-up called H.C. Studebaker.
Read the thing, it’s the classic story of how opportunity that looks like work is often passed-over by the get-rich-quickers, who quickly turn into handout losers – not Wheelbarrow Johnny.
So the County Fair (sadists) run these wheelbarrow races, which are a real test of strength and stamina. It’s like riding an Enduro race only there’s no motor and you’re pushing a malicious device-from-hell over timbers and logs, and up and down, and through chest-deep freezing water – filled with a hundred pounds of sand… Kinda cool. My Electrician Jason’s eldest boy won his division last year. He’s a big strong kid.
Here’s the long version:
And speaking of whiskey, here’s another Johnny:
UPDATE: Just got back from the races. The grade-school kids (mainly 11-yr old boys) only have to carry 10-lbs. of sand – but they still have to scoop it up with the gold-pan into a bag, and many carried 15 or even 20lbs. because its hard to judge weight – but also some always gets lost in the water crossing so it’s better to carry more. One boy in the Junior-high group carried 35-lbs!
The Old-Guy Senior race (55 and up) only has to carry 40lbs, while the studly young men have to carry 50lbs. – and if your bag is light on weigh-in at the end of the race you get DQ’d and your trophy goes to the next guy who carried at least the minimum. Four of them Young Studs were light on weigh in….four DQ’s in a row.
In the tag-team Young-Guy/Gal race only one wheelbarrow qualified to win it – the rest were under 50lbs at the end!
ALL the Seniors including a 70-yr old guy managed to carry the 40lb. minimum to the end. Maybe next year I’ll enter…but Oh-God, the water crossing and 18-inch corduroy log-crossing set on angles, and the 20-foot long 5-foot HIGH log you have to lift-up and run along, and then whoops and two 10-foot hills…it’s a seriously brutal Enduro.
Americans can watch on TV as their own “inherent right of self-defense” as represented by the 2nd Amendment is being stripped-away in hearing after hearing on Civilian Gun Control that exempts Law Enforcement and the DOJ. Meanwhile Obama’s promised “fundamental transformation of The United States” continues with the froo-froo concept of Due Process targeted and blown-up as a leaked white-paper from the Eric Holder DOJ is revealed to have secretly issued itself a (confidential) Justice Department go-ahead ruling that hammers out and justifies a rough, vague, and loose legal framework allowing #TheDroneProgram to go forward with the targeted killing of American citizens.
Calling it, “consistent with the inherent right of self-defense.” (but given the Administrations attack on the 2nd Amendment it seems to be reserved for the .Gov and Officialdom) Eric Holder claimed the such attacks are justified if the target poses “an imminent threat of violent attack.” Thus The government needs the approval of a judge to detain a suspected terrorist. To kill one, it need only give itself permission. The extrajudicial use of lethal force, away from any so-called ‘hot’ battlefield, can be used against a “Terrorist” – who can be almost anyone merely and secretly acccused by a single “well-informed high level administration official”, as they see fit… As Hina Shamsi of the American Civil Liberties Union said in a statement:
“This is a profoundly disturbing document, and it’s hard to believe that it was produced in a democracy built on a system of checks and balances. It summarizes in cold legal terms a stunning overreach of executive authority – the claimed power to declare Americans a threat and kill them far from a recognized battlefield and without any judicial involvement before or after the fact.”
The upside-down flag is an unofficial symbol of distress, an SOS.
It’s also a symbol of America itself turned upside down.
In the face of harassment and threats against the right to free speech, allies of liberty are fond of saying “We will not be silenced.”
It’s a statement that projects confidence, defiance, and vigorous defense of one’s rights.
But, as noble as this declaration may be, it’s not wholly true.
Because a sufficiently painful harassment, or a sufficiently grave threat, will in fact silence those who would otherwise enter the public square.
Two people have already been silenced. One man has been arrested — arrested, for blogging about the criminal history of Brett Kimberlin, and for describing his ongoing ordeal at Kimberlin’s hands.
Unless Congress acts — and acts swiftly — there will be still further innocent citizens subjected to Brett Kimberlin’s lawless vigilantism.
Brett Kimberlin does not want people writing about his past — a past that includes convictions for serial bombing, drug smuggling, perjury, and even impersonating a member of the military.
Kevin of the Exurban League has some good commentariat on the Administration’s “new ” (or really not-so-new) campaign-sloganeering:
MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! is an alarm that is sounded when your ship is in gravest danger – and that applies equally to your society.
Repeated from Kevin:
Today is the fourth annual Victims of Communism Day, a day to remember the people murdered by their own governments in their quest to achieve a “worker’s paradise” where everyone is equal, where “to each according to his needs, from each according to his abilities” is the beautiful
dream lie. R.J. Rummel, Professor Emeritus of Political Science at the University of Hawaii, has calculated that the total number of victims of Communism – that is, the domestic victims of their own governments – in the USSR, China, Vietnam, North Korea and Cambodia is 98.4 million people.
For all Communist governments during the 20th Century, he puts the estimate at approximately 110 million. And this wasn’t in warfare against other nations, this was what these governments did to their own people – “breaking eggs” to make their utopian omelet.
Six million Jews were murdered by Nazis during the Holocaust, and another six million people who the Nazis decided were simply “undesirable” went with them. “Never again” is the motto of the modern Jew, and many others just as dedicated. But “again and again and again” seems to be the rebuke of history.
Communists are hardly alone in these crimes. Rummel estimates that the total number of people murdered by their own governments during the 20th Century is on the close order of 262 million, but the single biggest chunk of that truly frightening number is directly due to one pernicious idea: That we can make people better.
“… it is not for nothing that we have chosen the name National Socialist German Workers Party (NSDAP), because at heart we are Communists.” Joseph Goebbels. ”We are socialists, we are enemies of today’s capitalistic economic system for the exploitation of the economically weak, with its unfair salaries, with its unseemly evaluation of a human being according to wealth and property instead of responsibility and performance, and we are all determined to destroy this system under all conditions.” –Adolf Hitler
Reposted from comments: Civil Unrest by Violent Extremists.
What exactly are the Rules of Engagement for civilians during a breakdown in Civil Order when Teh Police are incapacitated or otherwise unable/unwilling to respond – especially when those who have actively precipitated and participated in causing that breakdown are threatening you on your doorstep?
Recent #OWSFail activity in Socialist-mismanaged municipalities (Oakland, CA) show a strong tendency for the Socialist-imprimatur Judicial-Class (in that jurisdiction) to be lenient on pampered, brainwashed, full-grown, mentally-stunted affluent “Activists” who wantonly and feloniously destroy hard-earned private property (for the fleeting, briefly-stimulated pleasure of an ideology), but have never had to earn any of it themselves and indeed are quite incompetent to do so.
1.) Are there really any “innocent” active-participants in rioting and thuggery?
2.) Is a simple camera or camera-phone really a sufficient *excuse* to participate in mass-activism and still sustain plausible deniability and avoiding a Second-Degree warrant?
3.) When such *participation* results in destruction, injury, or death is that not still a Felony, Assault in the Second Degree? Can that be plea-bargained down to Reckless endangerment in the second degree? Can I bend them over a waterboard and give them the THIRD degree?
4.) Do you submit to being deprived of your immediate and future life by stupid ass-clown thugs with metal teeth, or deprived of the rest of your life by incarceration, under a heartless .Gov?
5.) Does the
guy asshole hiding his identity under the black hoodie get the first one? (Guess!)
6.) After you finish with them, do you submit the cleanup bill to their dumb-ass parents who failed them so miserably in Life?
Following Tam, I wandered over to Sonic Charmer at Rhymes With Cars & Girls to smarten-up and git me some edumacation. While there I chanced to drop a comment at Andrea’s Spleenville, where the meme-in-progress was being rendered with What color is your bubble?, who goes on a good tear and says:
Anyway, for your amusement, I’m going to answer RWCG-guy’s parodic takeoff on the test.
And I thought, “Hey, Likewise!” Somebody please score me because I went to California schools where they used us as New-Math guinea-pigs, and subsequently I can’t do the math.
But first my Certificata from Test-Ology Camp, and before I attempt to gather some cleverness together, first I have my say.: UPDATE: bLAH-BLAH-bLAH
Moi? Part of the New Upper Colostomy? So, on to the fun part:
- Ivy league? Went to one (or Stanford): 2 points. 0 or Oops 2 – does three Quarters at Stanford count as anything? I am too close to the local Megaversity.
- # of Malcolm Gladwell books read? Who? 0
- Best TV show in history? 0 - Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea! Sheesh, or Rat Patrol! The Wire? 2 points. The Sopranos? 1 point. Never watched a single episode of either of those shows, don’t have/never had cable. Is CableTV a prerequisite for Teh NEW Upper Class or a precursor for Teh Damned Lower Class – is it a Uniter or a Divider?
- Complete the sentence: “The science is AMAZING! VULCANOLOGY! ” Huh? Settled? 2 points. In: ? WTF? In ?? 1 point. 0 – I see what you’re trying to do there but it won’t work and you shouldn’t sneak in another UN Globular Whore-ming question.
- (a) People drive too much (b) I live in a big city where PARKING is teh SUXXOR and car-robbery is rampant: Both: 2 points. (a) only: 1 point. 0 (c) Ride a motorcycle and be even more Elitist and Superior! Where’s my freakin’ Flying Car they promised, you call this The Future?
- What’s there to do in K-Town? 0-k, K-whaa? Karaoke and Korean food: 2 points?? Korean food: 1 point? Kolkatta on the Hoogly where the flying fishes play, and the sun comes up like thunder out of Burma ‘cross the Bay…
- Name a sport that’s on the decline. 0 Baseball is a sport? Don’t they play Baseball-games? As Hemingway said, Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports, all the others are games...
- Zagat? Have it: 2 points. Know what it is: 1 point. 0 – Something to do with Android phones, or iPhones that all the rich (employed) assholes have?
- I helped recommend my college friend for a job he/she got/got a job from a college friend’s recommendation.Both: 2 points. One: 1 point. 0 – I didn’t get any help (or was in a position to offer any) from College friends for anything, jobs or nuthin – and don’t have much connection with the ones I went to School with – I guess it didn’t “stick”.
- Worse grades in college, Bush or Kerry? Bush: 2 points. I see what you’re doing there, but the premise of that question is flawed: 1 point. 0 – Kerry had ‘em worse.
- What’s the matter with: Wassamatta-U Kansas? 2 points. That’s a sentence fragment: 1 point. I heard it was a book or something by an Edu-snoot.
- Good reason for private elementary school for your kids? I believe class size/personalized attention is bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla anecdote about your own kid]: 2 points. I researched a lot of bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla and an X% effect with an R^2 of [bla bla]: 1 point. 0 – Private Schools are good and necessary to counter and avoid the propaganda and dumbing-down of education that occurs in Teachers-Union Government Skools, but really you should get off your ass and Home-School like I was, partly anyhow.
- Bush’s Brain: Yes I saw that documentary, what about it?: 2 points. Um, is dumb/damaged? (duh): 1 point. - 0 this question is a h8er.
- (a) Approve of Obamacare (b) haven’t read it/pretty much don’t know the details at all: Both: 2 points. (a) only: 1 point. 0 – No. NEVER, there’s no excuse for it.
- Sarah Palin would be a terrible President because she’s:Dumb and crazy: 2 points. Crazy: 1 point. 0 – She’s brilliant and all the rest is h8ter propaganda and some dork who thinks it’s not her child.
- Name two Nobel Prize winners. Nobel, Barack Obama and Paul Krugman: 2 points. Barack Obama and (someone else): 1 point. Paul who? The Peace Prize Terrrorist Killer Obama? Heisenberg! Eugene O’Neill! No Nobel Prizes awarded between 1940 and 1943, wonder why, think maybe #OCCUPYNORWAY might have somethign to do with it?
- After she graduates from grad school you’d be most pleased for your daughter to get a job at a: Nonprofit: 2 points. Hedge fund: 1 point. I don’t have any children. If I had them, I’d be pleased if they got a job anywhere that got them out of the house.
- (a) Believe in Anthropogenic Global Warming (b) know nothing about climate modeling and have never studied let alone engaged in anything of the sort: Both: 2 points. (a) only: 1 point. No, it’s a fraud on an international scale that’s rapidly coming apart.
- Podcast: This American Life: 2 points. Other NPR-related: 1 point. The Vicious Circle – only podcast I ever heard about – but I don’t listen to podcasts.
- Fill in the blank: GUNBOAT Diplomacy! Smart: 2 points. Cowboy (as in “Bush’s Cowboy diplomacy”): 1 point. 0
- Constitution and Obamacare: I don’t see how Obamacare can be unconstitutional: 2 points. I recognize the tension but I pretend not to and instead insist on arguing that Obamacare fits inside the Commerce Clause: 1 point. Didn’t we already have an Obamacare question? It’s un-Constitutional and Illegal and WRONG.
- Alexander Payne movie: Max Payne? Sideways: ?Quel? 2 points. Citizen Ruth: ?1 point. Never heard of him, don’t go to movies – saw Sideways on DVD.
- (a) Cities are great because of all the cultural opportunities, like the symphony/museums/etc. (b) Don’t really go to the symphony/museums/etc.Both: 2 points. (a) only: 1 point. Cities are places with stuff all gathered into one place, and the Military calls it a TARGET. Bombs away!
- A kind of tax we need more of: Pigouvian: 2 points. Value-added (or financial-transaction): 1 point. 0?? Pig-what? LESS taxes of all kinds, taxes are STUPID.
- Who’s dumber, a PhD or an MBA? MBA: 2 points. PhD: 1 point. A PhD with an MBA. PhD’s generally are blockheads who stop thinking and can’t be taught anything more once the sheepskin hits their hot and sweaty little fist.
OK, I’m done – put a fork in me…
Meme this Peg-boy Leahy; You owe it to Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, ICE Agent Jaime Zapata, and over 200 Mexican Nationals, many of them law enforcement. From The Drawn Cutlass, and the Sipsy Street Irregulars who notice what is observed by the Confederate Yankee – leaky-Leahy got a butt-plug, he’s a leaky-no-mo':
When the Iran-Contra scandal was just beginning to brew, Vermont Democrat Patrick Leahy strategically leaked an unclassified draft report on the Iran-Contra affair in order to ensure a press frenzy….We’re hearing the words “Iran-Contra” again.
This time they are surfacing—along with Watergate—in comparison to the greatest political scandal of our age, a number of operations where agents acting on behalf of the executive branch “walked” thousands of weapons into the hands of drug cartels and domestic gangs.
As Mike Vanderboegh points out, Leahy isn’t interested in justice. He’s only interested in protecting the political investment he made in President Obama.