Americans can watch on TV as their own “inherent right of self-defense” as represented by the 2nd Amendment is being stripped-away in hearing after hearing on Civilian Gun Control that exempts Law Enforcement and the DOJ. Meanwhile Obama’s promised “fundamental transformation of The United States” continues with the froo-froo concept of Due Process targeted and blown-up as a leaked white-paper from the Eric Holder DOJ is revealed to have secretly issued itself a (confidential) Justice Department go-ahead ruling that hammers out and justifies a rough, vague, and loose legal framework allowing #TheDroneProgram to go forward with the targeted killing of American citizens.
Calling it, “consistent with the inherent right of self-defense.” (but given the Administrations attack on the 2nd Amendment it seems to be reserved for the .Gov and Officialdom) Eric Holder claimed the such attacks are justified if the target poses “an imminent threat of violent attack.” Thus The government needs the approval of a judge to detain a suspected terrorist. To kill one, it need only give itself permission. The extrajudicial use of lethal force, away from any so-called ‘hot’ battlefield, can be used against a “Terrorist” – who can be almost anyone merely and secretly acccused by a single “well-informed high level administration official”, as they see fit… As Hina Shamsi of the American Civil Liberties Union said in a statement:
“This is a profoundly disturbing document, and it’s hard to believe that it was produced in a democracy built on a system of checks and balances. It summarizes in cold legal terms a stunning overreach of executive authority – the claimed power to declare Americans a threat and kill them far from a recognized battlefield and without any judicial involvement before or after the fact.”
The upside-down flag is an unofficial symbol of distress, an SOS.
It’s also a symbol of America itself turned upside down.
In the face of harassment and threats against the right to free speech, allies of liberty are fond of saying “We will not be silenced.”
It’s a statement that projects confidence, defiance, and vigorous defense of one’s rights.
But, as noble as this declaration may be, it’s not wholly true.
Because a sufficiently painful harassment, or a sufficiently grave threat, will in fact silence those who would otherwise enter the public square.
Two people have already been silenced. One man has been arrested — arrested, for blogging about the criminal history of Brett Kimberlin, and for describing his ongoing ordeal at Kimberlin’s hands.
Unless Congress acts — and acts swiftly — there will be still further innocent citizens subjected to Brett Kimberlin’s lawless vigilantism.
Brett Kimberlin does not want people writing about his past — a past that includes convictions for serial bombing, drug smuggling, perjury, and even impersonating a member of the military.
UPDATE: Another Blogger ATTACKED.
Kevin of the Exurban League has some good commentariat on the Administration’s “new ” (or really not-so-new) campaign-sloganeering:
No, really, this is what they’re going with.
Because forward is ALWAYS the right way to go. (see the rest)
MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! is an alarm that is sounded when your ship is in gravest danger – and that applies equally to your society.
Repeated from Kevin:
Today is the fourth annual Victims of Communism Day, a day to remember the people murdered by their own governments in their quest to achieve a “worker’s paradise” where everyone is equal, where “to each according to his needs, from each according to his abilities” is the beautiful
dream lie. R.J. Rummel, Professor Emeritus of Political Science at the University of Hawaii, has calculated that the total number of victims of Communism – that is, the domestic victims of their own governments – in the USSR, China, Vietnam, North Korea and Cambodia is 98.4 million people.
For all Communist governments during the 20th Century, he puts the estimate at approximately 110 million. And this wasn’t in warfare against other nations, this was what these governments did to their own people – “breaking eggs” to make their utopian omelet.
Six million Jews were murdered by Nazis during the Holocaust, and another six million people who the Nazis decided were simply “undesirable” went with them. “Never again” is the motto of the modern Jew, and many others just as dedicated. But “again and again and again” seems to be the rebuke of history.
Communists are hardly alone in these crimes. Rummel estimates that the total number of people murdered by their own governments during the 20th Century is on the close order of 262 million, but the single biggest chunk of that truly frightening number is directly due to one pernicious idea: That we can make people better.
Read the whole thing.
“… it is not for nothing that we have chosen the name National Socialist German Workers Party (NSDAP), because at heart we are Communists.” Joseph Goebbels. ”We are socialists, we are enemies of today’s capitalistic economic system for the exploitation of the economically weak, with its unfair salaries, with its unseemly evaluation of a human being according to wealth and property instead of responsibility and performance, and we are all determined to destroy this system under all conditions.” –Adolf Hitler
Reposted from comments: Civil Unrest by Violent Extremists.
What exactly are the Rules of Engagement for civilians during a breakdown in Civil Order when Teh Police are incapacitated or otherwise unable/unwilling to respond – especially when those who have actively precipitated and participated in causing that breakdown are threatening you on your doorstep?
Recent #OWSFail activity in Socialist-mismanaged municipalities (Oakland, CA) show a strong tendency for the Socialist-imprimatur Judicial-Class (in that jurisdiction) to be lenient on pampered, brainwashed, full-grown, mentally-stunted affluent “Activists” who wantonly and feloniously destroy hard-earned private property (for the fleeting, briefly-stimulated pleasure of an ideology), but have never had to earn any of it themselves and indeed are quite incompetent to do so.
1.) Are there really any “innocent” active-participants in rioting and thuggery?
2.) Is a simple camera or camera-phone really a sufficient *excuse* to participate in mass-activism and still sustain plausible deniability and avoiding a Second-Degree warrant?
3.) When such *participation* results in destruction, injury, or death is that not still a Felony, Assault in the Second Degree? Can that be plea-bargained down to Reckless endangerment in the second degree? Can I bend them over a waterboard and give them the THIRD degree?
4.) Do you submit to being deprived of your immediate and future life by stupid ass-clown thugs with metal teeth, or deprived of the rest of your life by incarceration, under a heartless .Gov?
5.) Does the
guy asshole hiding his identity under the black hoodie get the first one? (Guess!)
6.) After you finish with them, do you submit the cleanup bill to their dumb-ass parents who failed them so miserably in Life?
Following Tam, I wandered over to Sonic Charmer at Rhymes With Cars & Girls to smarten-up and git me some edumacation. While there I chanced to drop a comment at Andrea’s Spleenville, where the meme-in-progress was being rendered with What color is your bubble?, who goes on a good tear and says:
Anyway, for your amusement, I’m going to answer RWCG-guy’s parodic takeoff on the test.
And I thought, “Hey, Likewise!” Somebody please score me because I went to California schools where they used us as New-Math guinea-pigs, and subsequently I can’t do the math.
But first my Certificata from Test-Ology Camp, and before I attempt to gather some cleverness together, first I have my say.: UPDATE: bLAH-BLAH-bLAH
Moi? Part of the New Upper Colostomy? So, on to the fun part:
- Ivy league? Went to one (or Stanford): 2 points. 0 or Oops 2 – does three Quarters at Stanford count as anything? I am too close to the local Megaversity.
- # of Malcolm Gladwell books read? Who? 0
- Best TV show in history? 0 - Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea! Sheesh, or Rat Patrol! The Wire? 2 points. The Sopranos? 1 point. Never watched a single episode of either of those shows, don’t have/never had cable. Is CableTV a prerequisite for Teh NEW Upper Class or a precursor for Teh Damned Lower Class – is it a Uniter or a Divider?
- Complete the sentence: “The science is AMAZING! VULCANOLOGY! ” Huh? Settled? 2 points. In: ? WTF? In ?? 1 point. 0 – I see what you’re trying to do there but it won’t work and you shouldn’t sneak in another UN Globular Whore-ming question.
- (a) People drive too much (b) I live in a big city where PARKING is teh SUXXOR and car-robbery is rampant: Both: 2 points. (a) only: 1 point. 0 (c) Ride a motorcycle and be even more Elitist and Superior! Where’s my freakin’ Flying Car they promised, you call this The Future?
- What’s there to do in K-Town? 0-k, K-whaa? Karaoke and Korean food: 2 points?? Korean food: 1 point? Kolkatta on the Hoogly where the flying fishes play, and the sun comes up like thunder out of Burma ‘cross the Bay…
- Name a sport that’s on the decline. 0 Baseball is a sport? Don’t they play Baseball-games? As Hemingway said, Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports, all the others are games...
- Zagat? Have it: 2 points. Know what it is: 1 point. 0 – Something to do with Android phones, or iPhones that all the rich (employed) assholes have?
- I helped recommend my college friend for a job he/she got/got a job from a college friend’s recommendation.Both: 2 points. One: 1 point. 0 – I didn’t get any help (or was in a position to offer any) from College friends for anything, jobs or nuthin – and don’t have much connection with the ones I went to School with – I guess it didn’t “stick”.
- Worse grades in college, Bush or Kerry? Bush: 2 points. I see what you’re doing there, but the premise of that question is flawed: 1 point. 0 – Kerry had ‘em worse.
- What’s the matter with: Wassamatta-U Kansas? 2 points. That’s a sentence fragment: 1 point. I heard it was a book or something by an Edu-snoot.
- Good reason for private elementary school for your kids? I believe class size/personalized attention is bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla anecdote about your own kid]: 2 points. I researched a lot of bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla and an X% effect with an R^2 of [bla bla]: 1 point. 0 – Private Schools are good and necessary to counter and avoid the propaganda and dumbing-down of education that occurs in Teachers-Union Government Skools, but really you should get off your ass and Home-School like I was, partly anyhow.
- Bush’s Brain: Yes I saw that documentary, what about it?: 2 points. Um, is dumb/damaged? (duh): 1 point. - 0 this question is a h8er.
- (a) Approve of Obamacare (b) haven’t read it/pretty much don’t know the details at all: Both: 2 points. (a) only: 1 point. 0 – No. NEVER, there’s no excuse for it.
- Sarah Palin would be a terrible President because she’s:Dumb and crazy: 2 points. Crazy: 1 point. 0 – She’s brilliant and all the rest is h8ter propaganda and some dork who thinks it’s not her child.
- Name two Nobel Prize winners. Nobel, Barack Obama and Paul Krugman: 2 points. Barack Obama and (someone else): 1 point. Paul who? The Peace Prize Terrrorist Killer Obama? Heisenberg! Eugene O’Neill! No Nobel Prizes awarded between 1940 and 1943, wonder why, think maybe #OCCUPYNORWAY might have somethign to do with it?
- After she graduates from grad school you’d be most pleased for your daughter to get a job at a: Nonprofit: 2 points. Hedge fund: 1 point. I don’t have any children. If I had them, I’d be pleased if they got a job anywhere that got them out of the house.
- (a) Believe in Anthropogenic Global Warming (b) know nothing about climate modeling and have never studied let alone engaged in anything of the sort: Both: 2 points. (a) only: 1 point. No, it’s a fraud on an international scale that’s rapidly coming apart.
- Podcast: This American Life: 2 points. Other NPR-related: 1 point. The Vicious Circle – only podcast I ever heard about – but I don’t listen to podcasts.
- Fill in the blank: GUNBOAT Diplomacy! Smart: 2 points. Cowboy (as in “Bush’s Cowboy diplomacy”): 1 point. 0
- Constitution and Obamacare: I don’t see how Obamacare can be unconstitutional: 2 points. I recognize the tension but I pretend not to and instead insist on arguing that Obamacare fits inside the Commerce Clause: 1 point. Didn’t we already have an Obamacare question? It’s un-Constitutional and Illegal and WRONG.
- Alexander Payne movie: Max Payne? Sideways: ?Quel? 2 points. Citizen Ruth: ?1 point. Never heard of him, don’t go to movies – saw Sideways on DVD.
- (a) Cities are great because of all the cultural opportunities, like the symphony/museums/etc. (b) Don’t really go to the symphony/museums/etc.Both: 2 points. (a) only: 1 point. Cities are places with stuff all gathered into one place, and the Military calls it a TARGET. Bombs away!
- A kind of tax we need more of: Pigouvian: 2 points. Value-added (or financial-transaction): 1 point. 0?? Pig-what? LESS taxes of all kinds, taxes are STUPID.
- Who’s dumber, a PhD or an MBA? MBA: 2 points. PhD: 1 point. A PhD with an MBA. PhD’s generally are blockheads who stop thinking and can’t be taught anything more once the sheepskin hits their hot and sweaty little fist.
OK, I’m done – put a fork in me…
Meme this Peg-boy Leahy; You owe it to Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, ICE Agent Jaime Zapata, and over 200 Mexican Nationals, many of them law enforcement. From The Drawn Cutlass, and the Sipsy Street Irregulars who notice what is observed by the Confederate Yankee – leaky-Leahy got a butt-plug, he’s a leaky-no-mo’:
When the Iran-Contra scandal was just beginning to brew, Vermont Democrat Patrick Leahy strategically leaked an unclassified draft report on the Iran-Contra affair in order to ensure a press frenzy….We’re hearing the words “Iran-Contra” again.
This time they are surfacing—along with Watergate—in comparison to the greatest political scandal of our age, a number of operations where agents acting on behalf of the executive branch “walked” thousands of weapons into the hands of drug cartels and domestic gangs.
As Mike Vanderboegh points out, Leahy isn’t interested in justice. He’s only interested in protecting the political investment he made in President Obama.
At first I was enamored by the surface of this protest, to see the reflection of my own handsome face in the mirror-pond, wearing my old Youth Brigade beret and flowing hair – and feel the immense rippling power of my collective awesomeness.
Then the waters actually did ripple and with consciousness I saw my balding Earthworm Jim visage, the thin gray chest hair, and my delusion of grandiosity died.
If there was ever a DoubleTalk-DoubleSpeak award this might get it.
If the googly-eyed pinchy botox-faced Nancy Pelosi, the sad-clown Communist Barbara Lee, and psychotically deranged Lynn Woolsey gave money to it, it must be self-serving.
If scumbucket George Soros is for it, beyond simply being bad it is very likely to be evil.
The Incumbents and Political Master-Class want their power back and the will pay millions in their effort to return control to themselves. They want to eliminate the little people who are on the Commission and return it to the untrustworthy, lying fat-cats of Incumbistan. For the greedy stupid Pasha’s to get their power back they preform Jihad on the electorate and Taqiyya. The lying.
|Working 4 Working Americans
|Democratic State Central Committee of California
|Judy Chu TruPAC
|Charles Calderon for State Assembly Committee
Note: “Working 4 Working Americans” is described by Capitol Weekly as “a Washington, D.C.-based, labor-backed group.”
17 Democratic congressmen either gave money directly to the campaign or whose campaign committees gave money:
Mike Honda, shame on you!
And it’s entirely partisan, no members of the Republican Party have made any move to support this bayotch, while members of the Democratic Party are bankrolling it either personally through their state senate or state assembly campaign committee, or through a ballot measure campaign committee set up with their name on it:
||State Assembly, District 58
||State Assembly, District 49
||State Assembly, District 40
||State Assembly, District 46
||State Senate, District 20
||State Assembly, District 39
||State Assembly, District 14
||State Assembly, District 47
Bastards! No to 27 – this stuff is the ugly sausage-factory of politics.
White House Science Czar Says He Would Use ‘Free Market’ to ‘De-Develop the United States’.
These people don’t just want to slow down growth, they want to reverse it.
“A massive campaign must be launched to restore a high-quality environment in North America and to de-develop the United States,” Holdren wrote along with Paul and Anne H. Ehrlich in the “recommendations” concluding their 1973 book Human Ecology: Problems and Solutions.
WTF?? We’re being guided by recommendations made in 1973?? These guys have been completely wrong for so long it’s absolutely crazy. They have never been right about anything.